BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Feeling Good

Aside from some soreness and numbness, I'm feeling good these days!  :-)  For several days now, I've only had Tylenol 1-2 times per day.  Now, I only take it at evening time.  I'm expecting a wonderful weekend at home with family before the dreaded CHEMO begins. 

This summer, I hope to do some light traveling during those "in between" weeks, if my energy cooperates.  I plan to continue working from home this summer even though I may not feel my best each day.  Surely if other women can get up, dress, and drive to work while on chemo, I can log into my laptop and teach a class from the comfort of my home.  I have a wonderfully supportive dean and and work team ready to help me out if things get a little tough this summer.  Again, I am so blessed.

I've been told that chemo brings about a crippling fatigue that cannot be described.  I can handle it though.  I know God will bring me through it, and it's only temporary.  Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Kidcraze said...

I love your optimism!
Glad to hear you are feeling better and not in so much pain now.

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! Always know that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you and He will never leave you nor forsake you. So very proud of you and your spirit. My trooper...my one and only very favorite --------.

Mrsphylpie said...

Good for you Karen....enjoy the days you are feeling good. We all have those not so good days where we keep on pushinnnnn!! We are WOMEN....we come equipped..LOL phyllis