BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Deeply Rooted

I had to miss church again today, but I came across this scripture in Jeremiah that really spoke to me this morning.

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
and whose trust is the Lord.
For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
that extends its roots by a stream
and will not fear when the heat comes;
but its leaves will be green,
and it will not be anxious in a year of drought
nor cease to yield fruit.

Jeremiah 17:7-8

This will no doubt be a year of drought (challenges), but I think - well, hope - I'm deeply rooted and will bear fruit even through this season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been missing you at church. Looking forward to when you are tubeless and able to come. Yep, Karen, you will life out those words in Jeremiah. God will not let you go thirsty.
Love, Maggi

Anonymous said...

I should have proofed before I posted. I meant to say "live out those words". Please don't take off points from my grade :)

Mrsphylpie said...

Very good and conforting scripture to come across at this time. Continue one day at a time and rest. Phyllis

Kidcraze said...

I have found that my drought seasons ultimately bring on the most amazing growth. Our roots have to reach deeper to get to the good water of life, but it makes us stronger and takes us places we never would have gone otherwise.

Get your rest, girl. Even trees have a time of laying dormant. :)