BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Chemo Delay

This morning's appt with the surgeon revealed lots of swelling and excess drainage in the surgical area.  The tube was still needed, but had to be taken out because of the infection.  Therefore, he did a needle aspiration to withdraw the fluid and wants to see me again Wednesday morning before my other appt. to see if the accumulation has lessened.

The surgeon will not release me for chemo treatments until this infection/fluid stuff is resolved. He said it could be about 2 weeks before I can begin chemo now.  I will still meet with the oncologist Wednesday morning to go over my chemo regimen, but nothing will begin until there is no infection.

5 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

Thinking about you and keeping you close through my prayers. Step by Step....Day by Day.....God is with you in a very special and loving way!! Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Karen, no need to rush things. God is in complete control!! I am praying that God's peace is covering you during this waiting period. We love you dearly.

The Wilson Family

Suzanne S. said...

I am so sorry to hear that Karen; praying for quick healing of the infection so that you can move on to the next part of the healing! God is right there with you...

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having so much trouble. That's not how it is supposed to happen, is it? I hope you will be better very soon and can get on with the chemo. Praying for you.

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I am not sure what to think about this. I will pray for the situation to be resolved. I love you.
Charith