BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pathology Results

I just spoke with Dr. Patterson about the pathology report from last week's surgery.  The tumor measured 6 cm, which puts me in the Stage 3 category.  In all, only 2-3 lymph nodes appear to have been cancerous.  I was VERY happy to hear this!!  Praise God for that bit of news.  I have a follow-up visit with Dr. Patterson tomorrow, and he said he will probably be taking out one of the drain tubes.

He also told me that I shouldn't start chemo until 3 weeks post-op, so that will be in about 2 weeks.  I'm glad to wait that amount of time because I still have not gotten a wig or any turbans.  Plus, I'll be less sore by then.  All in all... good report!

Edited at 9:26pm to Add: 
I hope I didn't mislead anyone with my earlier posting.  The good news about the lymph nodes only suggests that things are not any worse than we discovered during surgery.  The pathology report only confirmed that there were not additional lymph nodes affected with cancer.  This did not retract anything said at surgery.

5 comments:

Kidcraze said...

That sounds really encouraging! Glad to hear it.

Suzanne S. said...

Great news!!!! I am so glad to hear that about the lymph nodes! Also, since you are in the market for a wig, I thought I would let you know there is a wig store in Collierville if you wanted to go try some on. Here's the info; Love That Hair Wigs‎
612 West Poplar Avenue, Collierville, TN 38017-2540
(901) 853-7005; near Papa Johns. It might be something to do while your mom and Aunt are here!

Karen said...

Thanks for the referral Suzanne. I didn't know about that place. We'll check it out for sure. ~K

Samuel said...

I was just thinking about you, then saw that you had sent a linkto your blog. So glad to 'catch up' Sorry there is never time to talk. Homeschooling with a toddler is really hard!! I know you know.:)
I am glad that you received good news today and pray that God's blessings will continue throughout the days to come. Your attitude is an inspriation to all. Hope to talk soon. Love you.
Ranell

Ranell Poe said...

I fixed my own blog so I don't have to use Samuel's now. Just thought I would let you know.