BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recuperating

I am in the hospital room feeling pretty good right now.  This morphine is amazing!  I won't be on long, but wanted to pop in and say hello.  Thank you for the prayers.  I am doing well.

Dr. Patterson will be releasing me tomorrow (Thursday).  I will have pain meds and exercise instructions for my right arm.  Since the lymph nodes were removed, I'm at higher risk for developing lymphadema (sp?).  So, exercise will be important.  Never again can I have blood taken or blood pressure taken on that arm.  Hopefully, we'll get the pathology report by Friday.  This will be instrumental in my treatment plan.  From that report, chemo will be prescribed and possibly radiation too (of the lymph node area).  The journey has only begun.

I'm a little groggy, so I'm outta here for now.  Hugs!!

8 comments:

Debora said...

Karen,

Praying for you and your complete healing. I so agree with you, we have the best congregation! I love our church and especially our POTS class. Will continue to pray for you and your family. God has a plan for your for sure. Keep the faith.

In Him,
Debora Forsythe

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I am so thankful for how well you are doing! We will continue to pray for the pain to decrease and for healing. We love you. Jeannie and Tom

Mrsphylpie said...

Thanking God for His Daily Blessings....Love Ya Phyllis

Kidcraze said...

So good to hear from you!
I'm sure you are looking forward to getting back to your own home and bed.

Prayers and hugs!

Belinda said...

Thanks so very much to you and to Terry for keeping us posted. We have called your name each night in prayer, and we love you.

Colleen said...

Hang in there...praying for you everyday. Glad you have a laptop to keep you a little bit occupied...now, no shopping on ebay...those meds could make you buy all kinds of stuff you dont need, LOL..

Vondra said...

Hey Karen,

I'll be in Memphis and will check on you. I know that everything is going to be just fine.

Vondra

Unknown said...

praying for you. u r invited to follow my blog