BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Painful Reminders

I've had unusual soreness last night and today.  I don't know if it's the weather or the fact that I over-did it a bit yesterday.  This body keeps reminding me that I've had major surgery.  I probably need to take a nap today and get of my feet for the rest of the day.

Emotionally, I'm a bit down too.  I removed the surgery tape from the incision sites today.  I'm so thankful Terry was with me and he loves me so.  It was hard for me to look at, but as my mother reminded me, all this is worth it.

On a happy note, today is my mother's birthday.  Terry and I got her a Gould's massage to use sometime this spring or summer, a balloon, and a card.  I am so thankful to have her and my Aunt Mary here to care for me after my surgery.  I am so blessed!

3 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

Karen I so look forward to your postings and am learning from each and every one. LOVE gives us much strength.

Love ya
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,
I'm sure you're experiencing a gamut of emotions. The incision just slaps you in the face and makes all of this really real. God knows the big picture. You are just seeing a small part. You and Terry became one when you married and it is a blessing to me and I'm sure others to see you two facing this storm together. You are showing us how to live with faith. Enough deep stuff - I'm heading to get a cupcake and will think about you as I eat it. Not sure why except I figure anyone who'd drive to Sonic in "night clothes" for a cheese burger with mustard would definitely enjoy a cupcake when the sun is shinning :)
Love, Maggi

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
So glad you started this blog. I look forward to your updates. Thanks for the pretty e-card..you are always thinking of others. Hang in there..if you need a starbucks, just let me know and I can deliver it.
Hugs,
Colleen