BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Chemo Plan

Now that all the surgery and preliminary tests have been done, a chemo regimen is now in place.  *sigh* 

First of all, I still had a little drainage this morning, so the surgeon extracted it.  He insists that I wait another week before beginning chemo.

My visit with Dr. Tauer went well.  He explained the pathology report again and prescribed 8 rounds of aggressive chemotherapy (every two weeks).  I don't remember the medication names (sounded a bit Greek to me), but when I find out, I may post it here.  Anyway, I'll be on two different medications the first 4 rounds, then a 3rd medication the final four rounds.  They will cause loss of hair and fatigue, but nausea should be controlled.  Anti-nausea meds will be given before each treatment, plus I'll come in for a shot the day following each treatment to keep my white blood count up.  The Herceptin treatments will begin with the final four treatments and another year thereafter. I will have my treatments on Thursdays, beginning June 3rd.

Also, I had a CT scan to see if there were any additional "spots" visible then re-visited with the doctor.  Dr. Tauer came in the room and proudly announced that my scan was "perfect"!  :-)

6 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

VERY GOOD KAREN...CT PERFECT!!! June 3 is a very special day. It's my daughter's 24th birthday. You'll do good Karen I know this for sure!!! God will continue to bless and keep you close. Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Glad the CT scan was good. Don't you love Dr. Tauer?

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I am so happy to hear that you got good news from the CT results. I am looking forward to coming there.
Love you,
Charity

Anonymous said...

Well now you have a plan to go along with God's plans. He is in total control!! We will continue to trust God to bless and heal your body. Stand firm in the days to come and watch God show up and show out!

Hugs,
Lena

Janice said...

You'll do fine...keep juicing. Happy to hear you got an all clear on your CT scan. Good for you!
I will call you soon. Trying to get Janee's invites out...we are sooo late.
Love ya!

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.