BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Treatment Schedule

Now that I'm on the Taxol for four rounds, I am also receiving Herceptin for almost a year.  I received my first dose of Herceptin last Thursday with my chemo treatment and will have an infusion every week until I finish chemo.  After that, I will receive Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year.  So, tomorrow, I go back to the clinic for blood work and another dose of Herceptin.

After I complete chemo (September 9th is my LAST treatment...YAY!!), I will rest for three weeks, then visit with Dr. T to schedule my radiation treatments.  Hopefully, I will be able to have radiation treatments at Baptist Collierville.  That would be so much more convenient since I'll be going every day.  After six weeks of radiation, I can schedule my reconstruction surgery if my skin isn't too damaged from the radiation.

Still a long road ahead, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Today, I ran a few errands here in C'ville.  It was so very hot, but I got them done.  I came home, shed the turban, and took a nap!  I'm aching too badly to be at church right now, but I certainly plan to attend Sunday morning.  I knew this summer would be like none other, but I've made it.  School starts next week.  More changes... 

0 comments: