BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm So Happy

I had my 6th round of chemotherapy today.  I only have 2 more left!!  Isn't that wonderful???  The day was very long, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

  • My blood work looked good (iron is still low, but I'm working on that).
  • My heart and lungs sounds clear.
  • My liver and kidney numbers look good.
  • Blood pressure and temperature are great.

All in all, Dr. T. thinks I'm coasting toward the end of chemo treatments with no problems at all.  The pain is the only problem, but it's only a temporary side effect - like all the others.  Dr. T. prescribed a steroid to take the edge off the pain tomorrow and following.  I haven't decided yet if I'll take it.  I don't like feeling bloated and I certainly don't want to LOOK boated either.  He encouraged me to not be afraid of taking pain meds.  He said I 'don't have to be in pain all day'.  Still, I'd rather endure the pain in order to preserve my organs.  I know... that 's just me.  :-)


"I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." - Psalm 9:2

3 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

Very Good Karen....Through your blog you have given me strength!! I had a procedure this week and I certainly thought about you and your strenght through God as I was going under. I thank you for sharing. Love and Praying. Phyllis

Kidcraze said...

Yay for good updates! You are almost there, just a little more to go.

I don't like taking pain meds, either. I understand your reasoning completely. I pray your pain will be less today and that your anemia decreases.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful spirit Karen! I am so thankful for the peace that you have and share with all who know you. Continue to stay strong in the Lord and know His holy spirit will give you continued strength and courage. Love you and miss you,
Lena