BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 15, 2011

Surgery = DONE!

I'm home!  After a 4-day hospital stay, I was able to come home this morning - one day earlier than expected!  The surgery went very well on Monday.  Aside from some minor complications during recovery, the process was pretty uneventful.

The DIEP is great.  I have tenderness in the abdomen from the stitches, but the muscles are still there so rising, sitting, and lying down aren't at difficult as it could be.  The reconstruction site is also doing well.  There was constant blood flow so no problems there.  The only issues I had were on day one and two.  I has some elevated BP and temperature, then my blood absorption was a bit low a couple of time, requiring some oxygen.  Those factors cleared up quickly and were in perfect range the last two days of my hospital stay.

It's hard to believe this is the last phase of my breast cancer journey.  I thank and praise God for carrying me through this cancer experience.  I am a better person after it.  I hope to be used greatly for the Lord and bless the lives of many because of it.  I'm in a peaceful place right now.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm glad you're home and doing well!

Kidcraze said...

Praising God with you, Karen!
What a wonderful report. May you continue to heal and strengthen in the days ahead.