BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recovery Woes

My problem areas are still not healing well.  This is according to me though, for I have not seen the doctor since Tuesday, and he's not concerned about it.  I'm changing bandages twice a day - using the wet/dry bandaging technique with saline solution. 

Also, I've been troubled with dizziness and lightheadedness for three days now.  I wasn't sure until last night why this was happening, but now I'm confident I'm dealing with anemia.  My red blood count has been low since chemo because the Herceptin can cause anemia too.  Then I had surgery, which has caused it to drop further.  I think my additional leakage from the problem area is causing it to drop even further.  Anyhow, I will probably be calling Dr. T. tomorrow about this.

In the meantime, I've been eating Cream of Wheat and other high-iron foods and increased my intake of orange juice (for absorption).  Also, I've started taking iron supplements that I've had since 2009 and chose not to take.  :-) 

0 comments: