BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

6-month Testing

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Isaiah 43:2 NIV).



Today, I had my 6 month testing done.  My CT Scan and tumor markers were all normal!!  This means so much to me - especially now that I've had my reconstruction.  I am cautiously optimistic that this cancer ordeal may actually be behind me.


I don't feel any stronger or any wiser, but I do feel that my faith has grown.  In spite of my shortcomings, God has carried me through so much.  People say they "admire" me.  I really don't get that.  I am only being carried.  We should admire and give praise to the carrier, the Almighty God.


"Dear Lord, thank You that I never have to walk through the fiery trials of life alone. You promised that You will never leave me, and I cling to that truth today. Also, thank You for sending friends to walk through the flames with me! They are some of my most treasured gifts. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
Just getting updated. You are an inspiration because you let God work thru you and you give Him the praise. It takes a certain kind of strength to acknowledge that your strength comes from God. Glad you are gearing up for school and some freedom from the cabin. You've got your sights set on things ahead! Hope to see you Sunday.
still praying for you,
Maggi