BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Followup With Surgeon

I had my followup visit with the surgeon yesterday and his exact words were "perfect".  :-)  He actually seemed impressed with the way I'm healing and the success of the surgery...like it's not so typical.  I, also, have been surprised by the pain level.  It's been much better than I expected.  I know I should be in serious pain, but I'm already down to 3 pain pills a day when I'm "approved" for up to like 10!  Who would take that many pills in one day?  I mean, really?!  Oh, and to top it off, he removed 2 of the 3 remaining drain tubes!!  I feel almost free.  Bottom line: THE PRAYERS ARE WORKING!!!

Next Tuesday, I'll revisit the surgeon and probably have the last tube removed.  Yay!  Next Wednesday, I'll have my next CT scan at the West Clinic.  *sigh*  I will immediately see my oncologist, Dr. T., to discuss the results of my scan.  I'm not nervous about it.  Quite honestly, I know this goes with the territory, but I don't think I'll have a recurrence in my life.  I believe I'm cancer-free, not in remission.  I think I'll have scans every 6 months or so until I'm 5 years out; then it will be every year.

Well, I feel my night dose of pain meds kicking in, so I better get offline now and get to sleep. 

0 comments: