BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Life as Usual

The 2011 Race for the Cure - Memphis went very well. It was only one-fourth the size of the race in Little Rock, but it was very nice.  I walked the entire 5K.  I haven't done that since before chemo.  Oh, and all three of my girls did it with me...yes, even Camille!! 

I've been pondering several things lately.  I still have a few loose ends to take care of, but I'm looking forward to getting involved in some very worthy causes.  I don't know how much of it I'm up to yet, but I know it's a passion, so I'm leaving it up to God.  Also, I really need to get moving physically.  I need to start an exercise program as soon as I can get rid of these pains.  I never expected the July surgery to affect me this long.  But, it is what it is.

I know I should take my time and get well, but to me, some things just need to be DONE.  There are so many needs out there and so few willing contributors.  As author Ron Hall said at last night's Heartlight, "What will happen to them if I DON'T stop and help?"

1 comments:

Suzanne S. said...

So proud of you for doing the Race for a Cure; I am sure that was a special time with your girls. How exciting that God is pushing you to help those around you. I am sure you have always been a "helper" but now God is just showing you more ways to get involved. Praying that He makes the path very clear so that you can be the blessing you are to just the right ones in need! Love ya!