BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Abdominal Problems

Just when I thought I was on my way to a full recovery, I started having pain in the left side of my abdomen.  It's been two weeks and the pain is still very intense.  I called my doctor's office after a few days of the pain, and they brought me in for a CT scan.  I was told that it looked okay but to come back for an MRI if it continues for two weeks.  So, I wait. 

The pain is still there - especially during the evening hours and when I pull or bend.  I have made an appointment with a gastroenterologist for next Wednesday, and my plastic surgeon wants to see the CT scan report and film next week to determine if this will impact my upcoming surgery.

The pain started like a cramp in a distinct area in the left side of my abdomen.  I stretched to see if it would go away, but it didn't.  It worsened and seemed to go through to my back in the same area.  It interferes with my ability to get to sleep at night, but it responds to pain medicine and eases when I find a comfortable position and be still.  I know something's going on in there, but I'm not sure if it's muscular or digestive.  The scan showed that my kidneys looked fine.

So, here's another thing to add to your prayer list.  :-) 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, sorry you have this pain and unknown source to deal with now. I will be praying for you to get answers and for it to not interfer with your upcoming surgery. Hang in there. You're in God's hands and He knows what you want and need.
Maggi