BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"A Good Day"...

...says Dr. T in his office today after letting me know that my PET Scan was good.  The report says everything is normal and there is "no evidence of disease".  It was taken from the base of skull to mid-thighs.  I am very thankful.


So now, I will move forward with my reconstruction plans and continue having Herceptin treatments every three weeks.  I asked him why these are still necessary if the PET was clean.  He said while the PET is the best scan out there, it still cannot detect microscopic cancer particles.  Therefore, one year of Herceptin is necessary.  Then they'll continue to do scans periodically for 5 years.

Also today, I had my followup visit with my radiation oncologist.  He says I'm healing very well, and there is no need to return to him.  This has been a day of good news.  Thank you so much for your prayers!


"The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him." -- Psalm 28:7

2 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

ALL SMILES.....AND THE NEWS CAME ON MY SON ERIC'S 11TH BIRTHDAY!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAA...THANK YOU DEAR LORD

Janice said...

So happy to hear this news Karen! God is so good!