BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow - PET Scan

Tomorrow morning, I will have my first PET/CT scan.  This scan should identify any cancer areas in the entire body.  Now that all treatment is over, this test will reveal much. I'm a little nervous because it's been almost 4 months since my last chemo.  If there were any cells remaining after chemo, they have had lots of travel time.  Since my cancer was so very aggressive, this test really needs to be done.

I cannot eat anything after midnight tonight.  I can only drink water before the scan.  They will inject me with glucose then wait about an hour before doing the scan.  Cancer cells consume more glucose than normal cells, so the scan will reveal any "hot spots" in my body.  "Hot spots" are indicative of cancer.  For some reason, I must have someone drive me there and back.  I will go back Wednesday morning for a visit with Dr. T and my PET scan results.

Please pray that the scan will be accurate and conclusive.  Also, please pray for good results and acceptance on my part.  Thank you and goodnight.

1 comments:

Kim Chapman said...

I'm praying for you!! Love you!!!