BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oncologist Visit

Yesterday, I visited with my oncologist - well, actually his nurse practitioner - before I had my treatment.  My white blood count is good.  Thank God, since the kiddos keep getting sick around here.  My iron is very low though.  He talked about putting me on iron supplements soon.  All in all though, I'm doing well. 

My "tell-all" PET/CT scan has been scheduled for December 21st.  This test will be very important as it should be able to detect any cancer spots in my body.  We had to wait until three weeks after all treatment is done to do this test, then I'll meet with Dr. T (oncologist) the day after to discuss the results.  The test is more complicated than I expected.  I can't eat after midnight the night before.  I'll be injected with glucose.  I must have someone to drive me home afterward.  I can't be around people for 1-2 hours afterward, so they will send me out a back door.  I don't quite understand that, but this is the case.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to Dec 22nd when he will tell me that I'm cancer-free - just in time for Christmas!!!  :-)

2 comments:

Kidcraze said...

Just checking in on you. Is your hand all better from the burn now?
Praying there are NO spots on that scan next month!
Iron is so important, you will feel so much better when that count is up again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,
Hope your hand is better. You know, if you just head on over to the Sonic your chances of burning yourself while "making" dinner decrease greatly! I'm praying for you and knowing you are in good hands: God's and Terry's and your girls'. Maggi