BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Just What I Needed

For the first time, I am really dreading my next treatment.  This will only be treatment #3, but I know so very well how badly I'll feel next weekend.  The treatment room makes me feel queazy.  In fact, just thinking about the treatment makes me feel queazy at times.  I'm still positive, but I'm starting to respect the power of these chemo drugs.  They really are torture to a person's body - both physically and mentally.

I've had a very disturbing week as we lost out nephew tragically on Father's Day in Dallas.  He was a police officer, but more importantly, he was a wonderful person - a Christian husband and father.  My heart is so heavy, especially for his wife and kids, his parents, and his siblings.  We went to Dallas for the funeral Friday and Saturday, and it was very exhausting. 

Now, I'm in Selma.  This trip has been good for me.  Though it is very short, I'm enjoying the fresh country air, the quiet, and the fellowship with family.  Perhaps I should come here again to re-energize before a treatment.  After the week we've had, this was just what I needed.  :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Karen. Sorry you're having to have this experience. You're getting tired, mentally and physically, and it is understandable how you feel. Take those anti-nausea meds even before yo think you need them and sleep thru as much as you can! You'll look back on these days and say, "I don't know how I...." but then you'll know it's because of God. He's got you. You're His and He is hanging onto you. Still praying for you and for your family. Your nephew died a true hero. Sounds like he had a heart for God and showed that in his everyday life. God bless all of you.
Maggi

Suzanne S. said...

Karen, I pray for your strength through your next treatment; it has got to be hard to go through that pain so it is understandable that you are dreading it! Please let me know if you need anything; we are all here for whatever you need! And I am so sorry to hear about your nephew; what a tragic loss! I will be praying for you and your family.

Janice said...

Hi Karen,

My condolences go out to you and your family. Hang in there with those treatments. I've ran across so many people at M.D. that has hung in there and are now looking and feeling great and leading normal lives. You look great on your pics! How's the juicing going?