BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

After a couple of days of increased hair shedding, Terry put me out of my misery Saturday night with the clippers.  Now, at least I won't be collecting long strands, but teeny-weeny ones instead.  It was an emotional event.  My mother, Sarah, and Camille watched and Sarah took a couple of pictures for my private journal.  Other than that, I've had typical Days 3 and 4.  I haven't felt my best, but I'm looking forward to the coming week when my energy returns and I feel more myself.

My family has been so wonderful.  I've handled things much better than I expected because of their support.  It's comforting knowing that this is "only a season" as my mother puts it.  I hope God gives me the opportunity to bless others because of this in the future.  He certainly has blessed me with wonderful survivors to share their stories with me and help me on this journey. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, your daughters are so special and the lessons you are teaching them now about strength and faith will be with them forever. You are so brave and yes, you will be a blessing to many others in the future, just as you are now:) Praying for you everyday. Colleen

Mrsphylpie said...

I've always told myself that I would have a going away party for my "hair"!! Let all of my friends and family witness it leave as they embrace the temporary new and improve me the same time I'm embacing it. I'm so glad you took pictures...memories are wonderful!! Love you Karen and you are given me strength each and every day you post. You are closer than you were yesterday....God is Love!!

Kidcraze said...

One of the books I got from the library last week is called "The Lemonade Club" by Patricia Polacco.
It is a cancer story for children and I thought your girls especially might enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Karen, I commend your bravery! I thank God for His peace that so many cannot understand. I am so glad that you can! You are a true warrior! Love you. Lena

Anita Mellott said...

Karen,
I'm praying for you.
Blessings,
Anita

Suzanne S. said...

I pray that you are feeling stronger day by day!! Looking forward to more updates and encouraged by your strength on this journey!