BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

In A Nutshell

After some consideration, I've decided to start a blog that chronicles my breast cancer journey.  Welcome!

I was biopsied on April 1st, diagnosed with Her2+ breast cancer on April 5th, and will begin my treatment with surgery on May 4.  I'm doing so well emotionally and physically that it's hard to believe I'm "sick".  I have felt more sleepy than normal but other than that, I'm pretty normal.  I've decided that my state of mind is due to (a) a stronger faith than I realized, (b) prayers sustaining me, (c) plain 'ol denial, or (d) all of the above.  I think the answer is (d). :-)

At this time, my greatest prayer request is that the cancer will be contained within the right breast until the surgery.  I don't like having to wait 3 weeks for surgery with such an aggressive tumor, so I'm depending on God to stop its progression and keep all bad cells in place until they can be removed from my body.  My surgery will last about 4 hours, and I should remain in the hospital two nights.  I'm braced for the pain and the recovery, but I'm also expecting complete healing.

I thank you so much for your prayers!

0 comments: