BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Big, Beautiful Surprise!!!

Tonight, I was blown away by a surprise party given to me by 17 of the ladies from my congregation.  It was fabulous... like a birthday party!!  We called it our "Cancer Schmancer Party".  (Thanks Fran Drescher for the catchy name).  It was at Chili's.  There were food, laughs, gifts, conversations, and lots of love.  I am just so blessed!

This afternoon, Terry asked me out to dinner.  It was funny because I had the same idea.  Nothing seemed out of the ordinary since we were going to Chili's here in Collierville.  I was so un-suspecting that I didn't even notice the familiar faces as we approached the group.  I was awakened to reality when I heard a booming "SURPRIIISSE!!!!"  I received some very nice, practical gifts.  It was like they knew all the things I loved.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I love books, surfing the net, candles, and long baths.  I received gifts that echoed each of those passions.  Some of the ladies even surprised me with tennis goodies.  I've always wanted to play on a tennis league and had just decided this week that I'm going to join a league when I'm all well.

What a wonderful gesture!  I am so humbled by it.  :-)

5 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

Wonderful Karen!! Love Ya.

Kidcraze said...

That is precious! I am so glad you are surrounded by love and support IRL.

Anonymous said...

Karen, you and your family ARE loved and prayed for daily. God may be using us to support you but He is also using YOU to show us how faith and dependence on Him is supposed to look. God bless you. Great night it was!

Anonymous said...

Ladies, What a beautiful gesture and exhibit of God's love to show someone who is so faithful and deserving. May God bless each of you and may the kindness that you've shown Karen return to you a million times over.

The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. -- Lamentations 3:22-23, NASB

Karen, You are precious to me and honored, and I love you. --Isaiah 43:4, TLB

Suzanne S. said...

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for God to calm your nerves and your fears. He has chosen your doctors and will guide their hands tomorrow. Know that He is always with you through the storms of life; put your fear in His hands and He will carry it away. Looking forward to Terry's update tomorrow that everything went great!!