BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another Decision

My appointment with the plastic surgeon went very well today.  I tell you, I am truly blessed with an awesome medical team!!  Anyway, Dr. Adams and his R.N. were very helpful.  The great news is that I am young and healthy enough to be a candidate for all the options available.  The not so good news is that I have to decide on one by tomorrow.

Here's the short version:

Option 1: (The road less traveled).  More natural and more desirable choice for me, but would mean longer recovery probably two major surgeries.  Little to no infection risk.

Option 2: (Most commonly used method).  Foreign body used, but simpler and quicker.  Can be done the same day of the surgery with minor adjustments in the weeks following.  More infection risk. 

I hope to have a divine revelation before tomorrow morning.  :-) 

After the long consultation with Dr. Adams, I spent a little over an hour at the hospital pre-admitting, having blood drawn, and receiving my pre-op instructions and materials.  I need to arrive at 9:00 the morning of the 4th, and surgery will begin around 1:30pm.  I'll have IV and other injections before surgery, then surgery will take approximately 2 hours (could be more, depending on the reconstruction option I select).  I will then spend an hour or so in recovery before going to my room.  Both surgeons will consult with me before the surgery, and with my family during and after the surgery.  It will be an long and uncomfortable experience, but I'm ready to get on with it.  I just don't like having this tumor inside me, and want it out as soon as possible!

3 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

Dear Heavenly Father....continue to wrap your loving arms around the Shaws!! In Jesus name I pray Amen!!

Mrsphylpie said...

when you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. for I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of israel, your Savior;…..(isaiah 43:2-3 nkjv)

Karen said...

Thanks Phyllis for your encouragement. :-)