BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Radiation Treatments

I had my third radiation treatment this afternoon.  They are going well so far, but it is still very early.  For treatment, I have to raise my arms over my head and grasp handlebars, turn my head to the left, and lie still for about 10 minutes while the radiation kills cells within a targeted area of my body.  The treatment is painless, but sometimes, if I focus real hard, I can feel a little tingle in the area being radiated.  So far, I've tolerated it well.  I still have numbness on my right side from my mastectomy in May, but now that I've started radiation, I have some itching way beneath the skin in that area.  That's very uncomfortable since it's still numb, but itchy underneath at the same time.  Plus, I can't scratch that area.  After treatment, I feel slightly tired/woozy for a few minutes, but that's about it for now.  The medical staff is very punctual and friendly.  I'm in and out of there in about 15 minutes each day.

Please keep me in your prayers.  I ask that you pray for precision during my treatments (we certainly don't want any organs affected), for any cancer cells that remain to be zapped quickly and completely, for my skin to tolerate the treatment well for these 7 weeks, and for me to meditate on the Lord instead of allowing life issues to stress me each day.

I have my herceptin infusion this week.  I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks since my last one.  I don't have to see Dr. Tauer this time, so it should be a fairly quick visit - just blood work and treatment.

0 comments: