BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 17, 2010

Just Some Rambling

It was nice to have a Thursday without having to go to the clinic.  :-)  I love the staff there, but it was nice to not need a treatment or a shot this week.  Unfortunately, this will be short-lived.  I'll be there at least every 3 weeks for the next year.

Dr. T said if my white blood count is going to drop, it will take about two weeks for it to do it.  Now that it's been 9 days since my last chemo, I'm being careful. Against Terry's recommendation, I went to the hospital this morning to sit with a dear family of mine as my friend was in surgery.  Tricia is another cancer survivor, times 2.  Yes, this is her 3rd bout with cancer, but this time, it was pancreatic.  Notice, I said "was".  The surgery was very complicated, lasted over 8 hours, but is believed to be successful.  Yay!!!  Cancer-free times three.  Praise God!!  Anywho, I went to the hospital today.  Not only do I have to avoid germs, but also cuts and scratches.  This should be an interesting couple of weeks.

I'm doing well tonight.  My pain was unexpectedly bad on Monday, but got a little better each day thereafter.  Since I didn't have the Neulasta shot last week, I didn't expect the pain.  My side effects right now, other than the pain, include discoloration of feet, numbness, swelling, oh and I'm losing eyelashes and eyebrows too.  On the bright side, my hands are starting to look a bit normal and I see fuzz growing on my head.  :-)  I can't wait to see how my new hair looks.  I'm sure it will be curly, but I wonder about the color.  As long as it's not gray, I'm okay with it.  I still crave lots of water and have low energy level.

I think I will begin my post-chemo detox on Sunday.  I just need to find one item that I haven't been able to find yet - dried hydrangea root tea.  Hmmm... I wonder how much different I'll feel.  I'm told I'll feel different from the start.  If you're curious about my detox, you can read about it here.

I know I'm rambling, but I took a pain pill about an hour ago and I'm getting sleepy.  I have nothing planned for tomorrow morning, so I plan to sleep in!  Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comments:

Kidcraze said...

Try Mountain Rose Herbs website for the hydrangea root. They have just about everything ;)

Will pray for your protection. You take it easy and be good to yourself. You haven't come all this way to get a bad infection.