BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Psalm 5:3-4

 “In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation” (Psalm 5:3-4 NIV)


This may become my latest favorite passage of scripture.  I prayed for God's guidance today before reading this scripture.  I know what He's telling me in this time of waiting on the Lord.  Thank you!


Life has been busy lately with one child preparing for college, another child preparing for high school, cancer treatments coming to an abrupt end, and reconstruction quickly approaching.  There has been a whirlwind of emotions inside of me, and I'm not sure how well I'm handling it all.  Sometimes, I feel like I'm sinking and other times like I'm soaring.  I have found that with a cancer diagnosis comes a very low toleration for negativity.  It irks me to the nth degree!!  It seems like there are times when I'm joyful all by myself.


My dear friend has been a cancer survivor for 12 years and has recently found a lump in her breast.  Yesterday's ultrasound looked scary, so she will have a biopsy in the next few days.  So much has happened in her life since her cancer bout.  I pray this isn't another one.  We survivors would like to think that after the magic 5 year mark, you're scott free.  Unfortunately, once a cancer patient, always a cancer patient.


My surgery will be in less than 3 weeks.  The pre-op visit is next Monday (6/27).  I'm looking forward to the outcome of the surgery, but I dread the recovery.  I know it will be most uncomfortable, but I know several people who have been through it and don't regret it.


Thank for continuing to read my blog.  I know it hasn't been very active lately.  I hope you continue to pray for me and my family.  It's comforting to know that others care so deeply.

0 comments: