BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pre-Op Tests and End of Treatments

Yesterday, I went to University Methodist Hospital for my pre-admission testing.  It went very quickly, so I was pleasantly surprised.  They check my temp, my BP, my weight, my blood for all sorts of things, my heart (EKG), and even my chest (x-ray).  I did paperwork and visited with the anesthesiology dept. 

I received a call today from my surgeon's office saying my tests showed an abnormality in my EKG, so I will need medical clearance from my cardiologist before I can have the surgery.  Also, since I'm not sure whether or not I'm a sickle cell carrier, that needs to be verified before the surgery as well.  *sigh*  So, now, I will be tested, and hopefully cleared, by my cardiologist Friday afternoon.  I think the heart issue is related to the Herceptin since that treatment carries with it heart side effects.  Hopefully, there is nothing wrong.

Speaking of Herceptin, I will have my last Herceptin treatment tomorrow morning.  Wow!  After 1 year and 1 month of the treatment room at The West Clinic, I will leave there tomorrow, possibly never to return.  I'll miss the RNs there, but I suppose I can always stop by and say hi when I'm there for my periodic checkups.  I feel like I'm about to close the Cancer chapter of my life...especially after this reconstruction is done. 

So, now here are my prayer requests:

  • that my heart is healthy and can withstand a 6-8 hour surgery under general anesthesia
  • that my cancer will not return after the Herceptin is stopped
  • that my July 27th CT scan is clean
  • that in everything I do and everything I go through, God will be glorified!
Thank you so very much.

1 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

AMEN!!! Love you my siter.