BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Surgery Finally Scheduled

I met with Dr. Ver Halen Tuesday afternoon to discuss my abdominal CT results and my upcoming DIEP flap surgery.  The scan was good.  He says I have a very good artery that he can use without any problem, and my skin looks good enough to have the surgery in early June.

The next day, the scheduler called to tell me my surgery is scheduled for July 15.  Wow!!!!  That late?  At first I wasn't pleased with such a late date.  She said Dr. V is very booked and that was the earliest available.  She marked my file to move the date up if someone cancels.

Now that I've thought about it, I see some positives about having a late surgery date.  The upside is that we may be able to take a vacation in early July - right before my surgery.  The girls would have to miss church camp though.  But at least my entire summer wouldn't be spent cooped up like last summer was.  The down side is I won't be in any shape to help Rachel move into the dorm in mid-August.

No matter when it takes place, I'm just thankful to have this option and to have health insurance that pays for it.  :-) 

1 comments:

Kidcraze said...

Way to look on the bright side!
I hope you all are able to get away together and just have fun and relax. It sure has been a long year for you all.