BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On My Mind - Psalm 23

I've read this chapter multiple times and have even committed it to memory, but lately it has been on my mind.  Here are my thoughts this afternoon as I meditate on the 23rd Psalm:

Psalm 23
(with my own personal annotations)

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
(Why should I ever complain?)

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
(Why should I ever stress?)

3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
(Why should I ever feel lost?)

4 Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
(Why should I ever be afraid?)

5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
(Why should I ever lack confidence?)

6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever.
(Why should I ever stop following You?)

0 comments: