BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

42nd Birthday


Today is my 42nd birthday.  Birthdays hold a whole new meaning for me now.  When I consider that this time last year, I had NO idea that I was walking around with cancer and that my life would forever be changed, I realize how fragile and how precious life is.  On March 18, 2010, I noticed a lump.  A few days later, I decided to call my GYN.  The rest is history.  Had I not done that, I may not be here today.

That's so humbling!  God saw fit to keep me here a little while longer.  I'm honored that He has entrusted me with more time...with another birthday.

3 comments:

Kidcraze said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I'm glad God is keeping you around.

Tracy said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

Savannah said...

Well, of course I got to speak with you and wish you Happy Birthday in other places. I loved this very moving post about, as you stated so well, how fragile life is. Beautiful words from a beautiful person.