BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"No Stone Unturned"


Thank you for continuing to follow my story and praying for me.  I still need it.  :-)

Today, I had my 6-month CT scan.  At first, Dr. T. said it looked “perfect”.  As we continued talking, I asked him if he received a call from Dr. V (plastic surgeon).  He said he had a message to call him back and wanted to know what that was about.  Okay, let me back up. 

Yesterday, I had a follow-up with Dr. V.  I asked him about a hard area above my reconstructed breast that I noticed in July but never went away.  In fact, it has gotten larger.  He seemed concerned about it and considered ordering an MRI.  After I told him that I had a CT scan scheduled for “tomorrow”, he said he’d call Dr. T to discuss his opinion on the mass.  He said he thinks it’s fat necrosis from the reconstruction surgery, but the oncologist will probably want to check it out.

Back to today.  Dr. T said he had heard from Dr. V, but he was not in the office at the time and hadn’t had a chance to call him back.  He examined me and seemed surprised at the size of the hard mass.  He walked to the radiology department to see the CT scan for himself.  When he returned, he said on the scan, it looked like a lump.  He thinks it’s fat necrosis, but can’t know for sure until it is biopsied.  So, I'm thinking, "what happened to it being 'perfect'?"  He wanted me to have the biopsy done today, but it was 2pm and they couldn’t do it.  I scheduled for tomorrow morning and left.

When I left and read the biopsy information, it revealed an all-day ordeal for a simple needle biopsy.  I’m not sure why.  When I had one in 2010 (at another doctor’s office), it was done in the office then I left afterward.  No big deal.  At the WC, they want me to not have anything to eat after midnight, have blood work, wait 1.5 hours, have an hour procedure, wait in recovery for 3 hours, then have someone there to drive me home.  WHAT??!!  I can’t do all that tomorrow.  Besides, I don’t want the kids to know about this concern, or anyone else for that matter.  It was just too much for me to try to plan for in such a short period of time, so I rescheduled for Feb 7 at 9:30 – with a follow-up visit on Feb 9.  Then, we can confirm fat necrosis and move on.  Goodnight folks!

1 comments:

Mrsphylpie said...

Still praying Karen.